Workhorse Irons Dot Box
The much anticipated Workhorse Dot Box is now available!!
This has been a fun side project we have been working on to help turn any coil machine into a dot machine for making Dotwork Tattoos using controlled intermittent power bursts. The Dot Box is simple and easy to use! It works in-line and plugs directly into your power supply in the clip cord hole and has a range of speed controlled by simply turning the delay knob.
Yes, there are many ways to do dots and if you have a strategy that works well for you already, more power to you! Our Dot Box is just a different approach, and if nothing else, a fun tool to play with, enjoy!
For Best Performance:
- The Dot Box works best with medium or slow, hard hitting liners....or any shader
- Quick and zippy light hitting machines are not as effective
- Best dots are made using Tight Rounds....Loose Rounds seem to blow out a little bit
- Some machines need to be turned up a Volt or two for better results
- Not recommended for use with Rotary machines...use with Rotary machines can damage the motor
- Timing of the tattoo machine when in use with the Dot Box will create various rhythms and patterns, adjust voltage and Dot Box Delay for varying performance and effect
- Match hand speed to the intermittent power bursts to ensure clean dot patterns....if the Dot Box is at a slow setting you will need to move slower, fast setting move faster (duh).